Bibimbap (비빔밥, Korean pronunciation: pibimp͈ap̚) is a signature Korean dish. The word literally means "mixed rice". Bibimbap is served as a bowl of warm white rice topped with namul (sautéed and seasoned vegetables) and gochujang (chili pepper paste). A raw or fried egg and sliced meat (usually beef) are common additions. The ingredients are stirred together thoroughly just before eating. It can be served either cold or hot.
Bibimbap is first mentioned in the Siuijeonseo, an anonymous cookbook from the late 19th century. There its name is given as 부븸밥 (bubuimbap). Some scholars assert that bibimbap originates from the traditional practice of mixing all the food offerings made at an ancestral rite (jesa) in a bowl before partaking in it.
In Korean households, bibimbap is frequently prepared from steamed rice, vegetables, and meat. Since the late 20th century, bibimbap has become widespread in different countries, due to its convenience of preparation. It is also served on many airlines connecting to South Korea. (Wikipedia)
Awalnya, aku ga yakin deh rasanya bakal seperti apa. Ngeliatnya dengan begitu banyak jenis sayuran (padahal belum lengkap sesuai resep tuh) jadi ga bisa ngebayangin bakal seperti apa rasanya. Tapi setelah dicampur aduk, ternyata enak banget loh. Penampakannya setelah diaduk justru ga semenarik masih tersusun rapi seperti di atas (lupa jepret yang udah diaduknya), tapi rasanya enak dan menarik. Apalagi rasa dagingnya, aku suka banget :). Aku rekomendasiin deh buat moms bikin masakan yang satu ini.
Source: Aeri's Kitchen
¼ Cup MooSaengChae (Radish-sidedish) (aku ga pake)
¼ Cup Kimchi
2 Handfulls Bean Sprouts (KongNaMul)
2-3 Leaves Lettuce
½ Green Onion
1 Dried Seaweed
2 Bowls Cooked Rice
¼ Cup Ground Beef
½ tsp Soy Sauce
½ tsp Sugar
½ tsp Cooking Wine
½ tsp Sesame Oil
1 Clove Minced Garlic
1 Pinch Salt & Black Pepper
Gosari Ingredients (aku ga pake)
1 Handfull Dried Fernbrake (GoSaRi)
2 tsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Sesame Oil
½ Tbsp Olive Oil
½ tsp Minced Garlic
3 Tbsp Red Pepper Paste
¼ tsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Brown Rice Vinegar or Apple Vinegar
1 tsp Sugar
¾ tsp Sesame Seeds
1 tsp Sesame Oil
½ tsp Minced Garlic
1. In a bowl, mix ¼ cup of ground beef, ½ tsp of soy sauce, ½ tsp of sugar, ½ tsp of cooking wine, ½ tsp of sesame oil, 1 clove minced garlic, 1 pinch of salt, and 1 pinch black pepper all together. Set it aside while you are preparing the other ingredients.
2. Add the boiled bean sprouts, ½ tsp of sesame oil, and 1 pinch of salt. Mix well.
3. Gosari: If you buy dried gosari, soak one handful of gosari in water over night. If the gosari is still not soft, then boil it in water until it becomes soft, before you fry it. Cut it into 3 inch pieces. In a pan, add the gosari, ¼ of sliced onion, 2 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp of sesame oil, ½ tbsp of olive oil, and ½ tsp of minced garlic.
Fry for 10 minutes.
4. Julienne ⅓ of a carrot and ⅓ of a zucchini to the same size. Slice ⅓ of an onion thinly. Cut ½ of a green onion thinly. Fry the green onion with a little bit of salt for 5 seconds.
5. In the same way, fry the onion with a pinch of salt for 20 seconds.
6. Fry the zucchini for 1 minute with some salt.
7. Fry the carrot for 30 second with some salt.
8. Fry the marinated beef until the beef is completely cooked.
9. Fry one flat egg with a pinch of salt. Slice it thinly.
10. Cut ¼ cup of kimchi into small pieces. Fry with a little bit of oil for 2 minutes. You can add a little bit of sugar if you want.
11. Cut 1 sheet of dried seaweed with scissors.
12. Cut 2-3 leaves of lettuce thinly.
13. Julienne ⅓ of a cucumber thinly.
14. To make the sauce, mix 3 tbsp of red pepper paste, ¼ tsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp of vinegar, 1 tsp of sugar, 1 tsp of sesame oil, ¾ tsp of sesame seeds, and ½ tsp of minced garlic.
15. In a large bowl, (you can use your mixing bowl) place 1 cup of cooked rice, all of the vegetables, kimchi, egg, and dried seaweed. Put the beef in the center. Then, pour 2-3 spoons of sauce on top of the beef. You can adjust the amount of the sauce, depending on your taste. If you like spicy foods and want a lot of spicy sauce for your bibimbap, double the sauce recipe.
16. Mix all of the ingredients and eat. Enjoy! :)
Selamat mencoba moms :)